So as we think about community, I think it is very helpful to consider what discipleship is and what it is not. In Better Discipleship: 5 Broken Views of Discipleship and How to Fix Them, I examine five incorrect view of discipleship that we should avoid if we want to create healthy church communities.
Community should be the by-product of every healthy church.
In brief, I looked at the dangers when:
1. We Equate discipleship with Religious knowledge.
2. We try to program discipleship.
3. We equate discipleship with our preaching.
4. We think we grow without effort.
5. We don’t offer practical steps.
Well said. Discipleship and community should go together.