Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Spotify | | More
In this episode, Robby and Chris discuss the danger of looking to the “next church” as a pastor, why business metrics can’t be your success metric, and why you shouldn’t aim to pastor a mega church.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why we shouldn’t use business metrics to judge if a church is healthy.
- Why the mega church shouldn’t be a goal for a pastor.
- Why you should serve where you are planted.
Shareable Quotes (#MakingDisciplesPodcast):
- “The joy of ministry isn’t getting to a certain size church.” – @rgallaty
- “Only 1% of churches are mega churches.” – @rgallaty
- “If the goal is only to build a mega church, we will do anything to justify the means.” – @rgallaty
- “If you won’t do a job without a title, you won’t do it with a title.” – @rgallaty
This Episode’s Sponsor:
- With Ministry Grid’s library of over 3,000 training videos, it’s now simpler than ever to train every volunteer and leader in your church. And this is training you can trust. Each Ministry Grid video features an experienced ministry leader who has been where you are now. Learn how to get unlimited access for you and your church at MinistryGrid.com.
Help Us Grow the Podcast: