In Closer: How to Be a Student Who Makes Disciples, Robby Gallaty presents a practical, easy-to-implement system to help students grow in their faith. This eight-session Bible study offers a manual for making disciples, addressing the what, why, where, and how of discipleship. Discipleship groups can create an atmosphere for fellowship, encouragement, and accountability—building an environment where God can work. D-Groups, as Gallaty calls them, can teach students how to grow in their relationship with God, how to defend their faith, and how to guide others in their relationship with God.
- Leader helps in the back of the book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Personal study segments in the Bible study book to complete between group sessions
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
- 8 group sessions, 7 weeks of homework
- Helps students who are serious about being disciples of Jesus achieve that goal.
- Addresses the what, why, where, and how of discipleship.
- Personal spiritual growth through individual time spent in Bible study.
- Provides an interactive resource for creating and working with discipleship groups.
- Teaches students how discipleship groups create an atmosphere for fellowship, encouragement, and accountability.
- Students will gain positive information for themselves as well as for others as they learn how to help others become better disciples for Christ.
- Students will learn the discipline of daily Bible study using the H.E.A.R. method of journaling.
Robby Gallaty is the Senior Pastor of Long Hollow Baptist Church in Hendersonville, TN. He was radically saved out of a life of drug and alcohol addiction on November 12, 2002. In 2008, he founded Replicate Ministries to educate, equip, and empower men and women to be disciples who make disciple-makers (www.replicate.org). He is also the author of Foundations: A 260-Day Bible Reading Plan for Busy Teens (LifeWay, 2016), Growing Up: How to Be a Disciple Who Makes Disciples (B&H Books, 2013), Firmly Planted: How to Cultivate a Faith Rooted in Christ (B&H Books, 2015), and Rediscovering Discipleship: Making Jesus’ Final Words Our First Work (Zondervan, 2015). He and his wife, Kandi, are intentional about investing in their two boys, Rig and Ryder.