My new book, The Forgotten Jesus, will be out in less than a month (April 4th). We are offering some additional resources if you pre-order the book. You’ll get:
Who is this book for?
- MARCS of a Disciple in PDF, Kindle, and iBooks Format
- 7 part video series that accompanies the book
Who is this book for?
- Christians who want a deeper relationship with Jesus.
- Believers who struggle to connect the Old Testament to the New Testament.
- Anyone who wants to understand how the Ancient world of Jesus applies to his or her life today.
- How to think like an Easterner (the way Jesus did) and not just like a Westerner.
- Why thinking in pictures not words will bring familiar passages to life.
- Why photographic thinking is essential for all believers.
- Why usefulness trumps aesthetics.
- Why repetition of information supersedes transfer of information.
- How the lives of Abraham, Isaac, Joseph, and Moses point to Jesus, and why it’s important.
- How the place, the purpose, and the message of John the Baptist’s ministry reveals deeper spiritual truths than casual reading uncovers.
- The swaddling cloths that Jesus is wrapped in at birth proclaim the purpose of his coming.
- How did Astrologers from the East search out and find the Jewish savior? (HINT: They may have been disciples of Daniel.)
- Was Joseph, Jesus’ earthly father, a stonemason and not just a carpenter? If so, familiar passages about rock and stone jump off the page with meaning.
- How a careful investigation of Nazareth, the town Jesus was raised, reveals many insights about Jesus identity and future ministry.
- When God spoke on the Mount of Transfiguration, he quoted verses from all three sections of the TaNaK (The Old Testament bible of the Jewish people), affirming that Jesus is the fulfillment of the Torah, Prophets, and Writings.
- An Eastern understanding of Jesus’ ministry will explain why he walked passed the disciples on the water, why Nicodemus inquired, “How can a man be born again when he is ‘old,’ how visiting the house of Zacchaeus, one of the most hated men in all of Israel, taught the disciples a theological lesson in salvation, why the bleeding woman touched the “hem” of Jesus’ garment, and why John the Baptist from prison phases his question, “Are you the coming on are should we look for someone else?”.
- How a proper understanding of Jesus most taught topic, the Kingdom of Heaven, will change the way you live everyday as a follower of Christ. [This may be the most important insight in the book.]
- How the different stages of investigation by the religious leaders and the demonstration of three miracles only the Messiah could perform led to Jesus’ death.
- The Final week of Jesus’ Life
- How Jesus presented himself as the Passover lamb by entering Jerusalem from Bethany on the 10th of Nisan (that’s not a vehicle).
- What is the significance of two Jesus’ being presented to the crowd in the court by Pilate?
- Why the rooster or “cock-crier” in the courtyard during Peter’s denial may not have been an animal.
- How an Italian painter may have hijacked the Passover meal for five centuries.
- A Jewish perspective on the tearing of the Curtain in the Temple.