I would like to invite you to join me for a round table gathering that I will be facilitating at the campus of the North American Mission Board on September 29-30, 2014. It will be a time for pastors to meet and engage in a time of fellowship, encouragement, and leadership development in an encouraging, friendly atmosphere.
At this gathering, I will be sharing insights from my upcoming book, Rediscovering Discipleship, expected to be available in the fall of 2015. Here are a few of the topics I will cover:
- A brief overview of the discipleship ministries of prominent theologians, preachers, and pastors throughout the ages, as well as John Wesley’s three-fold strategy for exponential growth in the local church (which we have adopted at Brainerd Baptist Church).
- The Hebraic method Jesus utilized and why you should implement it.
- The misunderstanding responsible for the discipleship coma the church has been in for 400 years.
- The inherent M.A.R.C.S. of a discipleship group:
- Missional; Accountable; Reproducible; Communal; & Scriptural.
- Roadblocks that hinder disciple-making in your church.
I will leave time after each session for Q & A. Prayerfully, it will be a worthy investment of your time. Additionally, this event will come at no cost to you (this event is only for SBC pastors). Through NAMB’s partnership and the gifts of generous donors, a night’s lodging, meals, an outing, and materials for the event are all covered. Your only expense will be travel. All we ask is that you participate for the duration of the event. Space is limited, so register today at https://pastorgallaty.eventbrite.com. I truly hope you can join me for this special round table gathering! I look forward to sharpening one another.
Note: A few non-SBC are allowed to attend, but this is mainly aimed at SBC pastors.