Rediscovering Discipleship is my new book that’s being released tomorrow. Here are some of the issues I cover:
- How does First Century discipleship differ from present day discipleship strategies?
- Why I believe that a return to discipleship will bring about the reformation of the 21st century.
- What is the ideal size for a discipleship group? I give 8 reasons to support a group size of 3 to 5.
- Why does the word disciple disappear after Acts 21? Does Paul not believe in discipleship?
- Why discipleship has been overlooked for 400 years.
- Why a McChristian mentality cripples the growth of believers and how to combat it.
- The discipleship ministries of Augustine, Richard Baxter, Thomas Cranmer, Jonathan Edwards, and John Wesley.
- The 3-fold discipleship strategy John Wesley used to reach 34% of the American population, and why it will work today.
- Why Biblical disciple-making is only for believers.
- 5 MARCS of a healthy discipleship group. Learn a metric for gauging effectiveness in d-groups.
- What are the roadblocks that impede a healthy discipleship group?
- The difference between a Hellenistic worldview (Western) and a Hebraic Worldview (Eastern) and why it matters for your spiritual walk.
- How to read and understand the bible from a Hebraic perspective. Hint: think pictures over words.
- Steps to start, lead, and reproduce a discipleship group immediately.
- Frequently asked discipleship questions
It comes out tomorrow, but you can pre-order it today. Check back tomorrow for some great giveaways on the paperback version.
Can you do me a favor? If these ideas resonate with you, would you:
• REACT. Do something.
• RESPOND. Leave a comment on this post.
• REPOST. Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook or your blog.