First Group Outline:
- Begin and end with prayer.
Pass out and explain the Spiritual Journey Inventory:
- My first recollection of being in church was ___________.
- The closest I have felt to God in my life was ___________.
- The farthest I felt from God was ___________.
- If I could change one incident in my life it would be ________. Why?
- If I could thank God for one person in my life, it would be _________. Why?
- The turning point in my relationship with God was ________. Why?
- Have each group member share their testimony with the group.
- Why Did you Choose to be in the Group?
- What do you expect to get out of the Group?
Finally offer three disclaimers to the group:
- You must be a note taker.
- Don’t Be THAT guy or girl by monopolizing the time.
- Go over the Disciplemaking Covenant.
1. I pledge myself fully to the Lord with the anticipation that I am entering a time of accelerated spiritual transformation.
2. I will meet with my D-Group for approximately one and one-half hours every week, unless providentially hindered.
3. I will complete all assignments on a weekly basis before my D-Group meeting, in order to contribute to the discussion.
4. I will contribute to an atmosphere of confidentiality, honesty, and transparency for the edification of others in the group as well as my own spiritual growth.
5. I will pray every week for the other men/women who are on the discipleship journey with me.
6. I will begin praying about replicating the discipleship process upon completion of this group.
Signed Mentee ___________________________________
Signed Mentor ___________________________________
If these ideas resonate with you, here are three options:
- REACT. Do something.
- RESPOND. Leave a comment on this post.
- REPOST. Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook or your blog.