Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Spotify | | More
In this episode of the Making Disciples Podcast, Robby and Chris talk about why people don’t read their bible, and how we can change the mindset.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why most people have the wrong approach to Bible reading.
- How pastors can get into the trap of not reading the Bible for personal intake.
- Why most Christians are approaching Bible reading from a western mindset, but need to look at it from an eastern way.
Shareable Quotes (#MakingDisciplesPodcast):
- “You can’t outsource your personal quiet time to someone else.” – @rgallaty
- “We’ve taught our people that the spiritual disciplines are recommended, but not required.” – @rgallaty
- “We’ve traded effectiveness for efficiency in our personal quiet times.” –@chrisswain73
- “Most Christians are reading the Bible for information instead of intimacy with God.” – @rgallaty
This Episode’s Sponsor:
- The Overcomer movie has inspired the creation of several resources. For small groups, there is the Overcomer Bible study. For individuals, there is a book called Defined. Both are based upon powerful insights from the Book of Ephesians. Learn more about all the resources at LifeWay.com/Overcomer
Help Us Grow the Podcast: