In this episode of the Making Disciples Podcast, Robby and Chris talk about why people don’t read their bible, and how we can change the mindset.
In This Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why most people have the wrong approach to Bible reading.
- How pastors can get into the trap of not reading the Bible for personal intake.
- Why most Christians are approaching Bible reading from a western mindset, but need to look at it from an eastern way.
Shareable Quotes (#MakingDisciplesPodcast):
- “You can’t outsource your personal quiet time to someone else.” – @rgallaty
- “We’ve taught our people that the spiritual disciplines are recommended, but not required.” – @rgallaty
- “We’ve traded effectiveness for efficiency in our personal quiet times.” –@chrisswain73
- “Most Christians are reading the Bible for information instead of intimacy with God.” – @rgallaty
This Episode’s Sponsor:
- The Overcomer movie has inspired the creation of several resources. For small groups, there is the Overcomer Bible study. For individuals, there is a book called Defined. Both are based upon powerful insights from the Book of Ephesians. Learn more about all the resources at LifeWay.com/Overcomer
- Discipleship Blueprint Training Digital Download
- Lifeway Leadership Podcast Network
- Disciplemaking Jumpstart
- EST.church Podcast